For anyone in the NYC area, I will be holding an in-person training session December 3rd on doing data analysis with Python. We will be covering the pandas, pyodbc, and matplotlib packages. Please register at Eventbrite here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/data-analysis-with-python-how-to-read-wrangle-and-analyze-data-tickets-51945542516.
Learn how to apply Python to read, wrangle, visualize, and analyze data! This course provides a hands-on session where we’ll walk through a prepared curriculum on doing data analysis with Python. All code and practice exercises during the session will be made available after the course is complete.
About the course
During this hands-on class, you will learn the fundamentals of doing data analysis in Python, the powerful pandas package, and pyodbc for connecting to databases.
We will walk through using Python to analyze and answer key questions on sales data, as well as utilizing historical stock price data to learn how to work with time series in Python. We will also cover how to create data visualizations with matplotlib.
What you’ll learn
- How to import data from multiple sources (Excel, HTML, databases)
- How to construct DataFrames and Series
- How to merge datasets
- The apply and map methods for performing column calculations
- Rearranging and pivoting data
- Adding and deleting columns
- Subsetting and sorting
- Working with time series data
- Handling missing and duplicate values
- Creating visualizations with matplotlib
Who is this for?
Anyone looking to learn how to analyze data with Python or increase their Python skills!
- Anaconda installed (https://www.anaconda.com/download/) for Python 3.